Argan Oil, Body, Detox & Nourish, Face, Hair Care, Nails, Natural Beauty Products, Organic Beauty, Organic Beauty Products, Skin Care
Argan Oil Benefits – Fact Or Fiction?
So you've heard a lot of buzz about argan oil but you're wondering if it lives up to all the hype? Don't worry you're not the only one! Popping "argan oil" into a Google search will of course give you a plethora of results - the problem is, the info you'll get is kinda spread out and in snippets. So I put together this blog with the idea that it would be a bit more comprehensive, so you know everything you need to know and can decide if the benefits of argan oil are for real. Alright, lets get started - in the next 5 minutes you'll be up to speed and I even have a little surprise for you at the end of this post!
What Is Argan Oil?Argan oil (also known as Moroccan Oil or Moroccan Argan Oil) comes from the Argan tree, Argania Spinosa, native to the southwest regions of Morocco. The Argan Tree bears fruit roughly the size of a plum, which contains an extremely hard-shelled nut and within which are one to three prized kernels from which argan oil is made. Locals often refer to the Argan Tree as the “Tree of Life” due to the impact it has had on Moroccan culture, economically and socially for centuries past. By virtue of its wondrous internal and external healing attributes, argan oil is commonly referred to as “Liquid Gold”, though this is only one of the many names people have used to refer to it, including: Moroccan Gold, Miracle Oil, Green Gold, Berber Beauty Secret, Fountain of Youth, Natural Elixir of Beauty and the list goes on. While argan oil has been a beauty secret of Moroccan women for centuries, it is now gaining popularity the world over – not only as a high end beauty product that is as versatile as they come, but as a potent ingredient in promoting health, wellness and even anti-aging. Of course as you’re soon to find out, when it comes to the results of argan oil, the proof certainly is in the pudding.
Argan Oil Benefits For SkinYour skin is the largest organ of your body and taking good care of it is of paramount importance as it relates to the health of all your other vital organs. One of the outstanding benefits of argan oil is that it is great for all skin types. It benefits those with oily skin by stimulating the skin’s ability to retain moisture and helps dry skin produce enough sebum to keep the skin moist, thus preventing wrinkles and fine lines. One of the noteworthy characteristics of argan oil is that it is non-greasy and absorbs into the skin quickly and thoroughly, leaving skin moisturized and hydrated without looking or feeling oily. Argan oil is also noncomedogenic and so doesn’t clog pores. Using argan oil as your daily moisturizer gives you an additional advantage, over most other moisturizers, in that argan oil naturally contains sterolins, which enhance skin metabolism and boost moisture retention. Triterpenoids is another key ingredient discovered to be in Argan Oil, which bolsters skin defenses against the elements; and as such protects from the sun, pollutants, smoke, toxins and helps to prevent microorganisms from entering the skin’s defensive barrier. Argan Oil is also known to promote the healing of scars, stretch marks, as well as skin conditions such as acne, psoriasis, eczema, rosacea, chicken pox and the like. Benefits At A Glance:
- Excellent for all skin types – sensitive, dry, combination or acne prone
- Moisturizes without being greasy
- Hydrates and softens skin
- Reduces wrinkles, crow’s feet and fine lines
- Tightens and tones skin
- Improves skin elasticity and cell strength
- Helps damaged cells dissipate and new cells grow
- Improves skin metabolism
- Heals scars
- Diminishes and helps to prevent stretch marks (safe for pregnant women)
- Minimizes skin conditions such as acne, eczema and psoriasis
- Works on diaper rash (safe to use on children, even babies)
- Make up remover (safe for use around eyes)
- Remove temporary tattoos without chemicals or painful scrubbing
- Use as lip scrub and lip balm
- Softens cuticles, rejuvenates nails and promotes nail growth
- Repairs dry and cracked heels
- Gives skin a fresh and radiant look with no unpleasant smell
Argan Oil Benefits For HairMany of the fantastic properties of argan oil covered above, such as being rich in vitamin E and high in antioxidants, that are beneficial for skin are likewise advantageous in creating or maintaining healthy and beautiful hair. Argan oil penetrates hair follicles as well as the shaft, which deeply nourishes and stimulates a rejuvenation of the hair and scalp. Omega 3 and 9 fatty acids, both inherent to argan oil, are other vital nutrients that help to heal and prevent split ends or repair hair that has been damaged by heat generating styling tools. Extensive research has demonstrated that argan oil encourages hair growth, is a powerful factor in preventing hair loss and even helps to resolve dry or oily scalp as well as other conditions such as psoriasis, dermatitis or eczema of the scalp. Benefits At A Glance:
- Hydrate your hair naturally.
- Treat damaged hair (such as from heat styling tools).
- Repair and prevent split ends.
- Restore the natural smoothness of your hair (especially after hair coloring).
- Manage unruly hair.
- Tame frizz and fly-aways.
- Handle brittle hair by enhancing elasticity.
- Moisturize dry scalps.
- Reestablish beautiful shine in dull or lifeless hair.
- Protect from the elements (such as UV rays and pollution).
- Resolve dry, itchy or oily scalp.
- Promote hair growth and prevent hair loss.
- Help to heal conditions such as dandruff, psoriasis, eczema or dermatitis.
- Deep conditions dry and damaged hair without leaving it looking oily.
- Pre-styling treatment to avoid heat damage from styling.
- Leaves color-treated hair soft, shiny, and extremely manageable.